Small fire in Kennewick High restroom caused by mechanical issue

October 5, 2013 

— A small fire ignited in a women’s restroom at Kennewick High School Friday night, likely because of a mechanical failure such as an electrical short, said Capt. Matt Towne of the Kennewick Fire Department.

The fire could have started either in a light fixture or a hot air hand dryer, he said. Damage was well under $1,000.

Tri-City Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service