Renton man injured by homemade “sparkler bomb”

Associated PressJuly 4, 2013 

— The Renton Fire Department reports a man in his 20s was seriously injured early Thursday by a homemade “sparkler bomb.”

KIRO-TV reported that the man was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

Renton Fire Department Battalion Chief Kevin Anderson says the man had significant injuries that were caused by a homemade firework.

Debris was found around a Renton apartment complex, including some debris as far away as 125 feet.

Sparkler bombs are basically many sparklers wrapped together.

Tri-City Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service