Kennewick, Wash. — A Kennewick mobile home was destroyed by a fire early Saturday morning.
Two residents received minor smoke inhalation injuries from the fire that started at about 4:50 a.m. at Columbia Mobile Home Village, at 4815 W. Clearwater Avenue.
Officials said early reports indicated that a woman was trapped inside the mobile home. However, when firefighters arrived, the occupants had already escaped from the home using a rear door, according to a news release.
Surrounding mobile homes were evacuated because of concern of the fire spreading, Kennewick Fire Department officials said.
Firefighters contained the fire within about 20 minutes, according to officials. Some neighboring homes received minor heat related damage, and two vehicles parked near the home were also damaged.
No firefighters were injured, according to officials.
The fire is currently under investigation. Officials have not yet determined the cause of the fire.
Looking for something to do around the Tri-Cities? Looking for a way to promote your event for free? Check out the Tri-City Herald's community calendar and restaurant guide.