Pasco residents escape fire after civilian alerts them

Tri-City HeraldMay 28, 2013 

— A man passing by a Pasco house that was on fire stopped and got the residents out before anyone was injured, according to a fire official.

The fire “heavily damaged” the house on the 8300 block of Lummi Lane Sunday, Capt. Craig Patterson said.

The man knocked on the door to get the residents out before calling 911.

The fire started inside of a garbage can outside of the house and climbed the wall to the roof, Patterson said. Officials believe coal from a previous barbecue may have ignited what was in the can.

Crews had the fire controlled within 40 minutes and remained on scene for several hours.

The Kennewick Fire Department, Richland Fire Department and Franklin Fire District 3 assisted with the blaze.

Tri-City Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service