U.S. culture change
Which of the following is the non sequitur?
1. Plan B pills available over the counter to "women" 15 years and older.
2. HHS contraception mandate.
3. Washington required abortion insurance.
4. Roe v. Wade legislation.
5. Justice Department challenge of Defense of Marriage Act.
6. U.S. president blesses Planned Parenthood.
7. American Civil Liberties Union and state attorney general sue Arlene's Flowers.
8. U.S. president salutes gay NBA player.
9. Government limit on caffeine consumption for those under 18.
10. Pornography on TV, movies and internet.
No. 9 is the non sequitur because all of the other items are related through promiscuous sexual behavior, illicit sex, sexual orientation and recreational sexual behavior.
Considering the list carefully, we have to be pleased that our federal government is focusing on trying to protect our children from caffeine.
As a curious observation to President Obama's blessing Planned Parenthood, it must be noted that in 1967, the Pittsburgh chapter of the NAACP accused Planned Parenthood of promoting birth control in minority neighborhoods in order to drastically reduce the black birth rate. The term "black genocide" thus came into use. One must now wonder what the NAACP thinks of the high abortion rate among blacks.
DON CURET, Richland