Fire officials say BBQ caused Walla Walla fire

Tri-City HeraldApril 22, 2013 

— A mobile home in Walla Walla suffered an estimated $6,000 worth of damage Sunday when a barbecue that was knocked over by the wind set a patio on fire.

No injuries occurred during the blaze, which spread to an exterior wall of the single-wide mobile home owned by Mildred Ferguson, Walla Walla Fire Chief Bob Yancey said. A neighbor helped put out the fire using a garden hose.

Ferguson was home at the time of the fire, which started around 6:30 p.m., and she was helped out by fire crews.

The fire was controlled within 10 minutes and officials determined the barbecue was the cause, Yancey said.

Tri-City Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service