Multiple chickens die in Finley fire

Tri-City HeraldApril 18, 2013 

— Two sheds and a chicken coop caught fire on Thursday afternoon at a house near South Haney Road in Finley.

Multiple chickens died in the fire, though there were “quite a few survivors,” Capt. Devin Helland with Benton Fire District 1 said. The fire may have been started by a heat lamp that was left in the chicken coup to help keep the chickens warm.

Fire crews had the fires, which burned about 25 feet from a home at 18607 S. Haney Rd., controlled within 15 minutes, Helland said.

The home owners weren’t home when the fire started some time before 2:55 p.m. and Helland said other items they had in the sheds were destroyed.

Tri-City Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service