Welding work ignites small fire at Ki-Be High School

Tri-City HeraldApril 3, 2013 

— A welding contractor working on a fan inside Kiona-Benton City High School’s Agriculture Building ignited a small fire today, officials say.

The welding was being done near a paint booth, which sparked vapor and dust in a vent inside the booth, said Capt. Bill Reed of Benton Fire District 2. Reed said this caused a flash fire, which was extinguished within minutes.

Sprinklers went off, and damage was minimal, Reed said.

No students were on campus as it is spring break.

Tri-City Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service