Kamiakin sprinkler mishap floods boy's locker room

By the Tri-City HeraldDecember 11, 2012 

A staff member accidentally tripped the emergency sprinkler system at Kamiakin High School in Kennewick and temporarily flooded the boy's locker room.

Lorraine Cooper, Kennewick School District spokeswoman, said the incident happened early in the day, though it was unclear if any students were in the locker room at the time.

There was no fire, and the flooding didn't damage the building, Cooper said, but students were temporarily kept in the cafeteria. Staff and firefighters managed to clean up the mess quickly.

Tri-City Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service