$1 million warrant issued for suspect held in jail

By Paula Horton, Tri-City HeraldDecember 8, 2012 

A $1 million warrant was issued for a Grant County homicide suspect being held in the Franklin County jail.

Adrian Rodriguez, 28, of Moses Lake, is suspected of kidnapping and shooting a Soap Lake man who was found dead in a ditch near Moses Lake on Oct. 17, Grant County sheriff's officials said.

Rodriguez is serving time in the Franklin County jail on unrelated charges, but is expected to be released Sunday, officials said.

Grant County sheriff's detectives will pick him up once he is released and take him to the Grant County jail.

Rodriguez is charged with first-degree kidnapping and first-degree murder for the death of Tracy C. Fullbright, 29.

Fullbright's body was found in a ditch near Roads 10-Northeast and L-Northeast, about eight miles north of Moses Lake.

He was found, gagged and shot several times, authorities said.

Witnesses said Fullbright had been at Rodriguez's home earlier that day and Rodriguez accused Fullbright of inappropriately touching a young female relative, officials said.

Rodriguez allegedly punched Fullbright, then bound and gagged him before putting him in the trunk of the car.

Officials said Fullbright was driven to the Road L site and shot.

Rodriguez and Fullbright reportedly were members of the same gang.

Rodriguez has been in the Franklin County jail since Oct. 30, when he was arrested on a warrant for failing to appear in court, online jail records show.

Pasco man sought for skipping court

Pasco police and Tri-Cities Crime Stoppers are searching for a Pasco man wanted for skipping out on a court hearing.

Javier Calderon Jr., 20, is 5-foot-6, 185 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He was last known to be living on North 12th Avenue in Pasco.

Calderon has a warrant out for his arrest for failing to appear in court on an original charge of first-degree robbery.

Tri-Cities Crime Stoppers pays a cash reward of up to $1,000 for information that results in a felony arrest.

Anyone with information about Calderon's whereabouts can call 586-8477 or go to www.tricitiescrimestoppers.org. Tips can also be sent by text message by writing "Text TIP 411" plus the message to CRIMES (274637).

All calls to Crime Stoppers are confidential.

Richland man injured in crash near Connell

A 29-year-old Richland man was injured in a crash north of Connell after rear-ending a semi, the Washington State Patrol said.

Thomas Olson was going north on Highway 395 in a 1973 Dodge Dart when he hit the back of a semi-truck driven by Gene Gattung, 63, of Post Falls, Idaho, troopers said.

Olson was treated at Lourdes Medical Center in Pasco. Gattung was not hurt.

Troopers said the wreck was caused by inattention and following too close to the semi.

Kennewick residents warned of mail theft risk

Kennewick police are warning residents to take some simple steps to prevent becoming victims of Christmas-time thieves.

Officers often see an increase in mailbox thefts around the holidays as thieves target Christmas cards containing money and other gifts, Cpl. Todd Dronen said.

To keep thieves at bay, officers recommend residents check their mail every day and try to pick up their packages as soon as possible after their delivered.

$50,000 bail in alleged kidnapping in Walla Walla

A Walla Walla man is being held in jail on $50,000 bail for allegedly holding two women at gunpoint in his apartment Thursday.

Kyle R. Jamerson, 27, made his first appearance in Walla Walla Superior Court on Friday. He is charged with first-degree kidnapping, second-degree assault, possession of an unlawful firearm, and unlawful possession of a firearm, the Union-Bulletin said.

Jamerson was the object of a police manhunt that ended Thursday afternoon after an off-duty College Place police officer spotted him.

According to court documents, the women had gone to Jamerson's apartment Wednesday night, and Jamerson pointed a sawed-off 12-gauge shotgun at one of the women, with whom he had a previous relationship.

He refused to let her leave and also threatened to kill the women, police said.

The women managed to call 911 after one of them became ill and they went to the hospital.

Jamerson stayed in his truck just outside the emergency room, but had ran off before officers got to the hospital, police said.

The shotgun was recovered from his unoccupied truck.

During the incident, the hospital was placed on lockdown, which was lifted later that morning, the newspaper said.

Tri-City Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service