Umatilla woman dies of smoke inhalation

By the Tri-City HeraldDecember 7, 2012 

UMATILLA -- Authorities say an 86-year-old Umatilla woman died from smoke inhalation after a fire started in her apartment.

Opal Young's caregiver found the fire when she went to visit the woman Tuesday morning.

The fire started in a plastic trash can next to the victim's bed and was believed to be caused by a cigarette.

Tri-City Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service